Help improve the EU’s programme for the competitiveness of SME’s. Public consultation is open until 31/08.
Interim evaluation of the programme for the competitiveness of enterprises and small and medium-sized enterprises (COSME) (2014-2020)
The Commission will summarise the replies after the end of the consultation period. The results will be taken into account when preparing the COSME interim evaluation report.
Objective of the consultation
This public consultation is part of the interim evaluation of the COSME Programme.
COSME is Europe’s Programme for the Competitiveness of Enterprises and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs). It started in 2014 and lasts until 2020 with a financial envelope of €2.3 billion.
The programme encompasses several actions to reach its 4 objectives, which are to
- improve access to finance for SMEs through dedicated financial instruments
- help SMEs’ access to markets mainly through the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN), the IPR SME helpdesks and Your Europe Business portal
- foster a favourable environment for enterprises and competitiveness for business creation and growth by reducing administrative burden, supporting smart and SME-friendly regulation, modernising industries and facilitating SMEs’ access to public procurement
- promote entrepreneurship mainly by offering mentoring or tailored schemes to entrepreneurs
- The regulation establishing the COSME programme states that “by 2018 at the latest, the Commission shall establish an interim evaluation report”.
The report will:
- assess the programme at mid-term
- contribute to improving the implementation
- provide an evidence-base for future activities and initiatives
The evaluation covers the activities from 2014 to 2016 for the EU countries and the COSME participating countries.